Are you a caring and compassionate individual who feels fulfilled by caring for another person? If you answered yes, then jump start your career by pursuing a job as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
What is a Certified Nursing Assistant?
A CNA, or a Certified Nursing Assistant, is an integral part of a medical team. You are placed on the front lines of patient care. CNA's are vital to daily operations in hospitals and nursing home facilities. Your compassion and skill in patient care will help minimize the stress of those who are sick or unable to care for themselves. A career as a CNA may be your first step in pursuing a fulfilling career as a nurse. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), it is expected to soar by 20 percent in the year 2020.
How do I become a Certified Nursing Assistant?
You need to get certified by an accredited school. At St. Bernadine School of Allied Health, we offer the appropriate educational requirements and state certifications. By enrolling in our program, you will be trained by experienced and licensed teachers. So start your journey towards becoming a CNA, enroll in our program today.
CNA PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
1. Complete physical from physician
2. ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PROOF ARE ACCEPTABLE:
TWO negative TB test
A recent chest x-ray
*Proof of TWO (2) negative PPD's TB test done within a year.
* If you are unable to take a PPD test because you have a history of false positive testing as often happnes with students who were given BCG in their homeland, you may present the report from a chest xray that was done no more the TWO YEARS ago.
* Your doctor may choose to preform Quantitative TB gold test.
3. Must be a U.S. Citizen, Green Card, or working visa
4. Must be at least 18 years old
5. No Criminal Record
CLASSROOM SITE: ST. BERNADINE SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH
591 Summit Ave. Suite 418 Jersey City, NJ 07306
CLINICAL SITE: PEACE CARE ST. ANN'S RETIREMENT HOME
198 Oold Bergen Rd. Jersey City, NJ 07305
Tel. No. (201) 433-0950